[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs - a new version (1.20)

  • From: Brian Carroll <briancarroll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 19:50:29 +0100

In article <zYU2vHCHoY4LFwRS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling
<flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <5112a8b2e4briancarroll@xxxxxxx>, Brian Carroll
> <briancarroll@xxxxxxx> writes
> >operation down very much, which I expected it to do.  If I
> >have the time, I do a 'Compare' after the backup and I wonder
> >whether you have considered doing this at the same time as
> >the backup? It seems to me there might be a time saving there.

> Doesn't a compare *after* synchronisation just show source and
> destination the same ...

Yes it does, plus such things as 'File xxx newer on
<destination>' when they are not.  There is a pair of entries
for each directory entered in the 2 main main fields. I thought
that perhaps the way the synchronisation is done could somehow
accumulate the comparison data.

> ... compare before would presumably show what the log file
> does.

I'm not sure about that.

Brian.