[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs - a new version (1.20)

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 16:02:47 +0100

In article <5114afe1d3briancarroll@xxxxxxx>,
   Brian Carroll <briancarroll@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is also the anomaly (IMHO) in the RISC OS filer that copies
> of a directory are given the datestamp of the copy time rather
> than retain their original.  I don't see how this would affect
> the current question though.

No, it shouldn't do. The only time SyncDiscs deals directly with
directories is if the directory does not exist on one of the paths,
so it will be copied/deleted as a whole. Otherwise, it is the file
attributes of the files within that are compared, not the directory
time stamps.

I assume the 'anomaly' is due to the filer creating directories
before filling them with files. Thus the so-called copied
directory/ies actually have the timestamp corresponding to the time
of their creation.

--
        Chris...