[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro and memory allocation

  • From: Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:04:05 +0100

In message <4e45c294d2chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4e45b796delists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Looking at the task display, I notice that the application task
>> space for OvationPro constantly flichers when entering text into an
>> OvPro window. This would imply that OvPro is claiming and releasing
>> wimp application memory blocks on a more or less constant basis.
>
> Could you amplify this a little. I have tried, and I see no flicker
> in either the Ovation Pro application task slot, or in the Ovation
> Pro dynamic area memory.

[snip]

No 'flickering' here either.
Iyonix, RISC OS 5.11; OvPro 2.77 with WimpSlot set to 3000K in the
!Run file. OvPro claims 2604K at start-up.
On loading a previously formatted document and forcing several new
pages the task slot increased to 2608K, but definitely no 'flicker.

Regards
Roger
--
roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx