[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro and memory allocation

  • From: JMAH van Vredenburch <janvredenburch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:18:14 +0200

In message of 13 Jul 2006 I wrote

[snip]

> If you take out the next 2 applets there is no flickering:
>
> !ColSupp
> !TextPal
>
> I appreciate that the absence of !ColSupp is not asked for :-(

Further investigation shows that !ColSupp only leads to flickering if
it is only followed by !NudgPal. I then have the following applets
loaded:

!!!!!!!bm     !!arrayLib     !Abbrev     !AlphaSrt     !Arrange
!BMButton     !Capital     !Clipbrds     !ColPal     !ColSupp
!NudgePal

If I add the following applets:
     !Contents     !Custom     !Dbase
flickering stops.

The reason of the presence of the Nudge palette is that OvPro cannot
open a window if the applets directory is completely empty. But this
is probably due to the contents of my !Macros file.

--
Jhr JMAH van Vredenburch