[softwarelist] Re: OP on Linux (revisited)

  • From: Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:59:13 +0100

Steve Fryatt wrote:
On 27 Jun, Paul Vigay  wrote in message
  <4fb5e19fa6lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>:

In a dim and distant universe <gemini.k33dbp00zy1uw02ec.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Ray Dawson <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:

[Personal Accountz is written in Java]

The point about running in Java is that it is portable between OSs
capable of running recent Java - which of course excludes RISC OS.
Yes, but you're missing another major fundamental point. With Java you
end up with everything within a walled garden and the user interface is
horrible.

Huh?  Have you ever /seen/ a copy of Personal Accountz, Paul?

I haven't seen a copy of Personal Accountz, so I do not know what it looks like. I am willing to bet that Paul's response will be that he was referring to Java user interfaces in general. This will neatly side-step the issue of him having seen or used Personal Accountz. :o(

--

Regards, Phillip Marsden

For quality bespoke acoustic guitars phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx