[softwarelist] Re: OP on Linux (revisited)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:22:19 +0100

In message <4fb45c38bbnedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ned Abell <nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Ive just been looking through the 2006 Freelists archive
discussion on this subject and wondered if you had any newer
thoughts on this David ?

You can tell what I'm up against, I installed Linux on an old machine in May 2006 to investigate, I don't think I've turned it on since.

Given my dislike for Windows, a move to Linux is possible. Oddly enough one reason why I don't move today, is that I use Ovation Pro and it is not available for Linux.

Would I do a Linux version (or a Mac version)... the problem is the amount of time involved. Without trying I don't know for sure, but if like Windows it involves several years full time work then I think it is unlikely.