[CTS] Re: DVD R+/- revisited

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:08:31 EST

In a message dated 2/18/05 6:21:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
chapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Joe, I remembered you mentioned "cataloging"  at one point in all the
discussion.  Can you tell me what you use,  please.

I use Cathy from Pricelessware.org

I've had Cathy for a long time and it works great with CDs. When I got the
DVD recorder I was looking for something to work with DVDs. After searching the
 web and not coming up with much I tried Cathy on one of the new DVD diskd I
just  recorded.............. it works fine for both CD and DVD, so I won't
have to run  two indexes.
Cathy is a little clutsy to add an index or search for a file but once you
get the hang of it it works fine and fast.

            _Cathy_ (http://rvas.webzdarma.cz/)
Robert  Vasicek      Version: 2.20.4     Dated: 01 December,  2003     Terms:
Requestware     Language: Multiple languages  supported     Windows  Ver: 95
/ 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / XP     Description: An extremly small, very  fast and
easy to use media cataloging tool. You can use it to  index files stored on
removable media (CD-ROMs, LS120, Iomega  Zip and Jaz disks, or even diskettes),
hard disks or net  drives, and create searchable catalogs that can be used
without having access to original media. Searching  capabilities are based on
file name, date and size. Additional  features include filtering options,
search duplicates or  singles, customizable date format, etc. Found files can
be
opened (executed) or deleted directly, if they are present.  Drag and drop
support. Directory trees, MP3 album/song lists  can be printed, disk space
usage
can be  investigated.     Download: [ _!!  Direct Download  !!_
(http://rvas.webzdarma.cz/Cathy.zip)  ]    (Cathy.zip)  (43 Kb)
  Additional: Install:   No    Uninstall:   No     Inducted  In: 2001 /  2004