[CTS] Re: DVD R+/- revisited

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:36:27 EST

In a message dated 2/20/2005 1:29:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Cuffy10@xxxxxxx writes:

What model and where is it mounted ?

    Sony, high speed 2.4x rw.  In the computer where the old dvd player that
came with the puter used to be.  It went bad on me a few years after I got it
so I bought the burner as replacement.  My cousin, Doug, a puter techie, took
the old one apart and cleaned it out, but I just haven't bothered to reinstall
it to see if it's working again.

Master or slave ?

    It's the E: drive.  I don't think it's either.

Firmware been updated ???

    Haven't a clue.  What's firmware?

What burner software are you using ?

    The Sony stuff that came with it.  I've still not had the time or chance
to learn how to made actual dvd's on it, so, at the moment, it doesn't matter
what I use to do that, since I don't do that...yet.  I've tried using Windows
Movie Maker and can edit stuff fairly easily when I can get clips to stay in
the project long enough, but I've still never burned a dvd to use as a movie.
    NOW what the hell's wrong???  All of a sudden my delete buttons won't
work!!  Neither will the tab button!!  wtf??  Obviously, they were both working
minute ago!!  I'm now indenting with the space bar!!  Oh, geez!!  Now I got
them back!!  I reiterate: wtf??

What packet writing software are you using ?

     Again, I'm not sure what you mean.

I've found where Sony drives are rebadged from at least two other
manufacturers so get the model, serial #, etc.to correctly ID the drive.

     I guess I have to open up the tower to find out.

Some updating may help ?

                                                Dale