[CTS] DVD R+/- revisited

  • From: "Tina" <chapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:20:17 -0600

After all the discussion here about DVD recorders, I finally broke down and
bought one.

I'm very happy with it too.  I did have a problem at first, but found that it
was Nero and not the DVD drive.  After 114 meg worth of updates to Nero, the
program ran without a hitch.  I now have all the pictures from 2001 - 2004 that
were on my computer, on a disk, in slideshow fashion and it works in my home
DVD player to boot!

Here is the drive I got. http://tinyurl.com/4ggxz
(or)
http://www.memorex.com/html/products_detail.php?section=3&CID=11&SID=15&PID=782&FID=115&opento=11

I got it at Staples for $89.00 and the site shows it for $119.00.  The cheapest
(at the time) that pricewatch had it for was $99.00.  So, I feel like I got a
good deal on it.

The drive itself was a snap to put in my computer and it recognized it right
away.  And once I got all the updates for Nero (I thought at first it was the
drive so did a flash on it, which was an update to the drive anyway) this drive
was FAST.  I created the slide shows and set it to burn, went to get a cuppa
coffee and on my way back, I noticed the door to the drive was open and thought
"crap, it didn't work" but it did, it was just that fast.  Color me happy!

Joe, I remembered you mentioned "cataloging" at one point in all the
discussion.  Can you tell me what you use, please.

Tee :)
Read my blog!
http://mom2ty.blogdrive.com/