[citw150] CITW150 L6 Q6

  • From: Cheryl Heuer <cheryl_heuer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:49:07 -0800 (PST)

To learn about Telnet I utilized the following site.
  http://www.elated.com/articles/telnet-and-basic-commands/
  This site primarily gave me basic instruction on how to log-in and use some
basic commands.  It offered no background information.
  Webopedia.com defines Telnet as ?The Telnet program runs on your computer and
connects your PC to a server on the network. You can then enter commands
through the Telnet program and they will be executed as if you were entering
them directly on the server console. This enables you to control the server and
communicate with other servers on the network. To start a Telnet session, you
must log in to a server by entering a valid username and password. Telnet is a
common way to remotely control Web servers?.
  After searching the web I found http://www.aota.net/Telnet/index.php3 which
was very helpful in assisting with using Telnet. I found that telnet was very
much like DOS, simple programming commands. The site
http://www.bergen.org/ATC/Course/InfoTech/telnet.html helped me to better
define telnet as a set of rules that enables a coneection between two
computers, also known as a remote login.
  I practiced using Telnet from my work computer by logging on to the Library
of Congress system.  Did you know that 1. questions can be directed to the
email address lconline@xxxxxxx 2. The Library of Congress (LC) uses the
interlibrary loan procedures (ILL) to lend material from its collections to US
libraries and 3. Their website address is http://lcweb.loc.gov.

  Cheryl Heuer

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate -
Click now to apply