[citw150] CITW150 L6 Q6

  • From: Matt Boardman <topgunmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:16:04 -0800 (PST)

Telnet is a program that emulates a terminal that allows you to connect your PC
to a server on a network.  From there you can type in commands and they will be
run just the same as if you were directly entering them into the server's
console.

  http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/Telnet.htm

  To practice Telnet, I went to Materia Magica at:
http://iota.materiamagica.com/start/moongate/index.php

  It reminded me a lot of the old text based adventures on the Apple II
computers, such as Ork, that I used to play when I was a little kid.  One of
the things that I liked was the nearly instant response that I got as I played
the game rather than having to wait for a page to load up.

Why do we fall?  So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's -in less
than one year.