[citw150] Re: CITW150 L6 Q6

  • From: Marilynz Seitz <marilynz_s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:14:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  I tried to get into the Materia Magica game, but was not able to figure out
how to log into the game. It looked like quite an involved game, something that
you may need a couple of hours each time you play. Instead I was able to get
into the Library of Congress site, not quite as exciting, but it got the job
done. LOL. ;-)

  Marilyn Seitz

Matt Boardman <topgunmb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Telnet is a program that emulates a terminal that allows you to connect
your PC to a server on a network.  From there you can type in commands and they
will be run just the same as if you were directly entering them into the
server's console.

  http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/Telnet.htm

  To practice Telnet, I went to Materia Magica at:
http://iota.materiamagica.com/start/moongate/index.php

  It reminded me a lot of the old text based adventures on the Apple II
computers, such as Ork, that I used to play when I was a little kid.  One of
the things that I liked was the nearly instant response that I got as I played
the game rather than having to wait for a page to load up.

Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
  Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's -in less
than one year.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo -   Calculate
new house payment