[citw150] CITW150 L6 Q6

  • From: Curtis Cooper <lesson3email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:04:40 -0800 (PST)

  Hello all,

  The sites where I got my info are:

  http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/0300.html
  http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A593435

       Telnet is a protocol which allows someone to connect to one or more
remote computers over a TCP/IP network. There are several uses for telnet, some
of which include: reading e-mail, news, chat, online gaming, administering a
network and increasing the availability of resources.

       For practicing telnet, I decided to try out the ?Materia Magica? game
listed in the packet (URL: http://www.materiamagica.com/start/index.php . Upon
creating, such as choosing a race, name, class, etc. The first thing I noticed
through this process was telnet?s reliance on textual commands such as Y or N
(for answering yes or no), typing ?I agree? to accept an agreement rather than
simply clicking a button in a browser. Playing through the game, I had to type
my commands rather than click a mouse or use  keyboard arrow keys/joystick, and
this took some getting used to. One thing I like about this system is the
precision, as you can choose exactly where you want to ?go? and which database
you want to obtain information from without things such as mouse lag  or
glitchy buttons messing up your instructions.

Sponsored Link

   Degrees for working adults in as fast as 1 year. Bachelors, Masters,
Associates. Top schools