[citw150] Re: L6Q6

  • From: Melissa Brown <brownm3188@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:29:57 -0800 (PST)

Thats funny you mentioned that about MSU, because my brother was telling me he
use to have to do that.  I am not comfortable using telnet because of the
security risk, I feel everyone has access to everbody elses material.

  Melissa Brown

Mallory Crowner <malelizabeth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Telnet is used to connect to remote computers.  You can do this by typing
in a command or an IP by going to Start and then Run.

  I have used telnet to send files to BCBSM in the past.  We used this when
doing our claims before they switched to the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
version.

  Also, when I first started working at MSU, in order to get to our personal
MSU email account, you would have to telnet into the program.  This is no
longer the case because it's now available via the web.

  I too learned of some chatting by going to this website,
http://www.telnet.org/htm/places.htm.

  ~Mallory Crowner
http://mail.yahoo.com

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo -   Calculate
new house payment