[citw150] CITW150L6Q6

  • From: Melissa Brown <brownm3188@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:26:30 -0800 (PST)

Telnet allows a person to connect to a remote computer.    It also tells what
commands will take place. For instance if you need to copy images or files and
transfer them.  Telnet is not used as widely now because of security issues.
Telnet does not protect from people being able to "listen in " on
conversations, it also has no way of knowing that material did not get picked
up by a third party when sent.  These are a couple reasons that Telnet is not
widely used anymore.  I found this information on :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TELNET
  and also at : http://www.elated.com/tutorials/management/unix/basic/

  I practiced using Telnet by visiting telnet://140.147.254.3 this is the
Library of Congress's Information System .  This was actually very easy to use,
all I had to do was type in the numbers.  The only problem that I have with
using telnet is I feel like nothing is secure.  You have no way of knowing that
people are not accessing your information.  I do not think it is secure enough.

  Melissa Brown

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate -
Click now to apply