[citw150] CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: "Michael Randall" <michael.randall.san@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:47:35 -0500

Like many of you I used Wikipedia (because they have everything) to
research TELNET. The address is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TELNET.
One of the uses I learned about is that many people play games called
MUCK/MUSH/MUD's on it.  They remind me of some games people play today
(like World of Warcraft), but look really boring with just text. I
guess back in the late 70's, and early 80's though these would have
been pretty impressive.

I connected to the Library of Congress Information System
(telnet://140.147.254.3) and ·     Materia Magica
(telnet://materiamagica.com:23/) useing TELNET. I got both to connect
with little trouble and used them pretty easily once I realized what
you type isnt displayed. I navigated around the Library of Congress
and read a few things, then started to experiement playing the Materia
Magica game. The game wasn't much fun though (ecspecially when you
cant see what you are typeing).
--
-Michael Randall