[brandon's list] Re: combos in MK

  • From: Clement Chou <chou.clement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 19:56:09 -0700

Thanks for the indepth explanation. I knew what the basic concept was.. my problem isn't so much finding how it worked but finding strings that would connect. I've discovered that not all hits will connect once the opponent is in the air, only certain ones. Thanks again for the explanation... it confirmed my theory. lol.

At 06:07 PM 01/05/2011, you wrote:
Hey Clement,
well, how the combo system basically works is by allowing you to link starter combos into various special moves. also you can do various combinations like aerial hits into ground combos and attacks. for instance if you're scorpion, you can hit B+BP to launch him into the air with your sword. then you can do various combinations such as square square to hit him in the air twice, and while he's coming down you can hit square a few more times followed by spear. or followed by teleport into hellfire or uppercut. etc. it's a bit like the MK3 engine in many ways. if you can link something like a 10 hit combo string into x-ray, well you can just imagine the massive amount of damage that'll do. if you're fighting AI though don't bother with long combos. cheap techniques will often be more effective. or at least much easier to pull off lol. save your technical combos for humans haha.