[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Barathrum

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:44:52 -0700

Hello, Deborah,

I, too, have hearing difficulties with about a 70% loss on my left side in the extreme frequencies. I use my BrailleNote or VoiceNote to read Bookshare books and generaly have to lower the pich in order to be comfortable. I believe I am using the Elequence speech on my units which has worked out well for me. I personally haven't had the greatest luck with the DAISY formatted works because the BrailleNote software seems to lock up and does not move through the book as it should, something with which I am quite disappointed. Therefore, I am simply using BRF formatting.

Also, within the Kurzweil scanning software, tere is a disk which contains other voice choices which might work directly on your computer. Others will know more about that, I am sure.
.

Good luck with all of this.

Dianne Phelps and
Guide Dog, Primrose