[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Barathrum

  • From: <zaria797@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:22:08 -0500

Hello all. I don't know if introductions are in order on this list; however, I feel the need to introduce myself as a prelude to my question.

I've been a bookshare member for about two years. At first, I downloaded books and then copy & pasted them into a word document in order to enlarge the font size so that I could read them visually. I still have some usuable vision left but not for regular sized or background/forground. I have Usher's Syndrome type 2 so I have a hearing loss as well so I am not very comfortable with text to speech.

However, my vision has gotten worse and my reading has been slowed down. I got new hearing aids so I want to attempt to use the DAISY reader. Would someone here please give me some instruction on how to use the reader so that I might be able to see if I can listen to the books available on BookShare? I have been listening to NLS books without much difficulty so I am eager to try. Be forewarned, I'm a little tech limited so directions need to be simple!

Thanks in advance!