[bookport] Re: new unit proposal

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:03:40 -0500

Here is my take on the kinds of open discussion we have been having.

1.  It's true that Larry, Rob and others at APH know what can be done
and what can not be done.

2.  However, I suspect that if there is a suggestion made, like for
example a calculator, they will decide two things.  First, can it be
done within the reasonable framework of the price structure.
Secondly, how many people on the list would like to have it.  This is
obviously where we come in.  My guess is that this list is monitored,
among other reasons, because APH wants to keep up with what users
want.  So, if we want to have our opinions known about the new
features or lack of we want to see, we should comment on the features
that make a difference to us.  I don't believe we need to go back and
forth trying to convince others why the feature someone is proposing
is either a good one or a bad one.  The fact is, you either want
something or you don't.  You can explain why you fall in either camp
and let it go at that.  APH will do the rest.

Of course, I'm not Larry or Rob and if they have a different
interpretation on this, I am sure they will offer it.

Neal