[bookport] Re: bookport needs a speaker:

  • From: Chris Hill <hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:46:20 -0500

The reason it doesn't serve as a synthesizer likely has to do with
licensing in part.  Another part is that it looks for all the world
like an external storage device to a computer, the usb interface would
have to be reprogrammed to make it work as a synthesizer.  Since every
modern screen reader comes with software speech, what would be the
point?