[bookport] Re: Realistic Wish List

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:03:03 -0500

Now you're talking!

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PAMELA RADER
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:24 PM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Re: Realistic Wish List

I agree. Now, if we could have a BP/XM My Phi combo! (OK. But I can
dream, can't I?)

American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxx 08/18/05 01:14PM >>>
If there had to be a radio... and I hope not... so would I.  There is
nothing on the FM band I would spend extra money to listen to.

At 08:55 AM 8/18/2005, you wrote:
>Preference thing. I'd rather have an AM than an FM radio. <GRIN>
>Bruce Toews
>E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx
>Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries):
>Info on the Best TV Show of All Time: http://www.cornergas.com
>On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, James Nuttall wrote:
>>Let's think creatively and not under estimate the wonderful
>>that are taking place every day with technology.  USB 2.0 goes
>>even debate.  When I looked at me other new features recommended I
>>see any dramatic size increase or in increasing costs.  Also
something to
>>consider is FM radio on a chip.  This FM radio chip cost $10 and as
>>manufacturer says who can't afford to put an FM radio in every device
>>that cost.  Adding functionality like a PDA calendar would most
likely be
>>a software issue.  Let's really think outside the box because when
>>do upgrade the hardware there are lots of possibilities that might
>>work out well.
>>Jim Nuttall -- Michigan
>>LARRY SKUTCHAN <lskutchan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Chop chop (there goes your head).
>>Seriously, we are planning a hardware upgrade before the parts
>>unavailable. I do not have any information yet on time lines or
>>paths, but you good folks on this list will be the first to know.
>>I may get beheaded again, but I'd like to know just how old the guts
>>the BP are, and how likely it is that the components that make up
>>guts are still going to be available cheaply in the future.

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the