[bookport] Re: Newbie post

  • From: "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:03:10 -0700

Kel,
Virus programs dont have to be costly, just stay away from Nortons and McAfee. I use NOD32 which is $25 a year subscription, well worth it. It updates the virus definitons constantly and is blind friendly. I dont trust the free ones (I *have* used many free ones) and some of those are resource hogs.

You can transfer files directly to c card. But, while this is perfect for music files, you will not have any navigation functions in talking books. This is what BP Transfer does, as a book is being transferred, it indexes the book and adds bookmarks and so on for easy reading.

The BP is configurable directly, its not done via the computer. Its the BP Transfer tool that you need to use for transferring books.

You can say any foolish things to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!"
--Dave Barry
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup