[bookport] Re: BP

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:22:51 -0500

Go into Control Pannel, Add/remove programs, and make sure all vestiges of BP Transfer has been uninstalled, then reinstall it. See if you get any joy.

Do you regularly scan your computer for viruses and spyware? That can cause a lot of grief. I know that Macs aren't as likely to get viruses, but with PC's you have to be extremely careful.

Another tip... Try doing a system restore to when BP Transfer was working correctly.

At 04:57 PM 9/22/2007 +1000, you wrote:
Robert,
Still in trouble with BP. Uninstalled the programme and then tried to re install. No luck.

This is part of the screen message which appear:

An error occurred while trying to create a file in the destination directory.
Set up was unable to create the directory.
Error 5: access is denied.

Another message also appeared on the screen:
Unable to send digital talking books.
Bork Wizard Reader is not installed.

Would appreciate any suggestions that may overcome this problem.

Stan.

PS. The book transfer pane also displays a message, which is: BP not connected, even though the device is connected.