[blindreplay] Re: replay media catcher 6

  • From: Jeffrey Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:58:14 -0800

Hello all.  We have been pretty busy at Applian, so sorry for the delayed reply.

As I previously explained, the yugioh.com site delivers their content via Hulu.
 Consequently, the videos are encrypted and cannot be directly downloaded in
the Stream Downloader capture method.  You will either need to do an audio
capture or DVR recording.  Unfortunately, the DVR function does not work with
this site yet, and I have filed a bug report.

For audio recording, the default setting is to have “split on silence” turned
on.  Most likely, the content you are playing has periods of silence which are
causing splits.  You have three options,

 1.
You can turn off the “Split on silence” option.
 2.
You can increase the “Silence Time (ms)” value.  Larger numbers will require
there be longer periods of silence for a split to occur.
 3.
You can Combine recordings that have been split.  Select the files to merge
together, right-click, and choose Combine.

Regarding multiple downloads from YouTube, this really depends on the Settings.
 Replay Media Catcher 6 can detect when there are multiple video qualities and
formats available.  For some YouTube videos, there can be around 20 varying
qualities and formats.  When you visit a YouTube video for the very first time,
a “Multiple Streams Detected” window will pop up.  From this window you can
then choose the specific video format you want.  I think Petro previously
explained this.  At the bottom of this window are two pulldowns for setting
default downloading behavior in terms of video format and quality.  The
pulldowns are also accessible via Settings, Internet Downloads.  These are
labeled “Preferred download quality” and “Preferred download format”.
Personally, I recommend that these be set to Medium quality with the MP4
format.  Subsequent visits to YouTube (and other sites) will then grab content
in this format without the “Multiple Streams Detected” prompt.

Regards,

Jeffrey Wilson
Applian Technologies, Inc.