[blindreplay] Re: Attention Window-Eyes 6.1: Feedback needed

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:54:44 -0400 (EDT)

Well, while GWMicro cannot say it as they would have legions of set file
users up in arms, they are perhaps slowly but surely relegating the sf in
favor of scripting being introduced in the forthcoming 7.0.
So in a year or 2, once folks get used to scripting, set files may become
a secondary means of enhancing WE.
Having said this, RAV likely is such a minor application in the GWMicro
universe that unless a user created the sets or scripts, GWMicro has
little practical reason to devote their precious limited resources towards
this.
And given, this is little more than cosmetic, that decision is a wise one.
Applian similarily makes such decisions when working with its products for
it too is a small company.
Frankly, this hardly matters to me as I know what I'm doing and the file
menu sometimes speaks immediately and others times it doesn't.
The important thing to me is that its there.
Granted, i AM WORKING with RAV on a daily basis so I now know the program
like the back of my hand.
The only reason Applian might have an interest in this topic is if it
somehow impacted a new RAV user in learning the program.
So that would be the real question.
And I'd suggest that unless the fix is an easy one, a well-schooled
Windows user understands the conventional Windows menu structure.