[blindreplay] Attention Window-Eyes 6.1: Feedback needed

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

Why doesn't W-Eyes 6.1 read Replay Av 8 File Menu? It skips it
altogether and goes directly to the Shows menu. With JAWS 9 I do
hear a file menu. Is this a glitch within Replay AV 8 or W-Eyes
6.1? But if I press alt f the file menu appears in W-Eyes
magically?

Also Window-Eyes reads out two help menus when their should be
only one such help menu. To make matters even worse the wrong
options are located within most   menu.

So if I tell a user in my tutorial or Applian tells a
Window-Eyes user to go to the Record menu and choose the option
- the user will not hear that option in that menu because its in
another incorrect menu.

My display settings are correct here and JAWS does read the
menus correct.

Can other W-Eyes users confirm this?

Go to the Tools menu and you should hear Media Guide, URL Finder
and other options. Do you hear these with W-Eyes?

Do not use the keyboard shortcut for the tools menu. Just use
your alt key and locate the tools pulldown and go down.

If a users uses the keyboard shortcut for the menus like alt f,
alt s, alt r, alt t he will hear the right menu options within
each menu.