[blazie-support] Re: sick M40, or at least a dead battery...

  • From: Stephen Clower <supersteve03@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:22:23 -0500

Your best bet might to be to create a large file in your Braille Lite and
issue the recover command.
To do this:
1. Enter the files menu with O-chord F.
2. Hit C to create a file. Enter something, doesn't matter.
3. Reenter the files menu with O-chord F.
4. Hit the letter B. This will bring up a prompt asking "How many pages to
expand?" Enter a large value, such as 50.
5. If you were put back into your newly created file, reenter the files
menu with, you guessed it, O-chord F.
6. Hit dots 123456 and answer Y to the recovery prompt.
You'll be put back in your file, and more than likely you'll see a lot of
garbage characters. If you remember anything that in your notes, such as a
word or phrase, search for it with an F-chord. If you find it, you can then
reconstruct your data. If this works, let me know and if necessary, I'll
help you with removing the garbage from your file.
Best regards
Steve