[blazie-support] sick M40, or at least a dead battery...

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "notetaker list" <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:39:02 -0400

Hi all --
Ok, funny someone complained about this just this morning, because it just
happened to my M40 -- I turned it on and got a braille display full of
jibberish, then speech came on and sounded like it was severely ill, then it
died and the display pins sank slowly into oblivion...
Now every time I turn it on it says "warm reset", then dies.
Of course, I haven't charged it in a while so I went to plug it in.
Now I'm wondering if I have it plugged in the right jack as it still doesn't
work.  Is it supposed to work while it's charging?  I just wanted to check
that my data wasn't lost.

And while on the subject of my data, I took it to a meeting this morning
before it died, and found that 80% of my notes file had been truncated.
Could this have been due to a low battery?
And if so, why only 80% of the file?  Why not the whole thing?
And why wasn't I warned about the battery being low?  How can I check
battery level?

If this thing doesn't charge by tonight I'll have to send it in -- all $5000
of it -- to FS, to fix or trash or do whatever.
But I'm sure it was just the battery.
How long should it take to charge?
How long should the battery life be, assuming I turn off speech most the
time?
TIA
--le