[blazie-support] Re: BLT 40 Problems

  • From: Stephen Clower <supersteve03@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:47:10 -0500

You definitely need a battery replacement. My younger brother had a similar
problem with a Braille Lite 2000, and once we sent it to Blazie everything
worked just fine, including the braille display. This happened before the
Freedom Scientific giant swallowed Blazie Engineering, though.
Unfortunately that's probably the route you're going to have to pursue.
Best Regards
Steve

At 12:20 AM 8/21/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi group,
>
>My Braille Lite forty finally gave up the ghost the other day.  I thought
>it might be the batteries, so I have the pack rebuilt at Batteries
>Plus.  Well the battery works great now but the Braille display just shows
>a lot of garbage.  The speech chip is not working and I have tried to
>reset the system using the reset at the back of the unit.  Oh yes, when I
>turn on the machine the Braille display shows garbage and when I turn off
>the machine the Braille stays on the display.  Am I over looking some
>little trick in resetting the system or should I just face the music and
>send it to FS?  One other thing since I have unplugged the battery and
>reset the system have I lost all of my information that was on the
>unit?  I have had the ac adapter tested and it is in working
>condition.  The problems started out with the speech going out and the
>Braille display soon after that.  The battery life has been getting
>shorter and shorter over time.  It finally got to the point where the unit
>  would not charge at all.  If anybody has any suggestions on what I might
> do to revive this machine please let me know.
>Never let who you think you are stand in the way of what you could become.
>
>Checkout my web site by clicking on the following link:
>http://home.attbi.com/~jehickman/
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---