[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning:

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 17:38:47 -0500

Hi, Kenny. In general, FineReader is the preferred engine for scanning books except for cookbooks and books with a lot of tables. The Caere Omnipage engine works very well for cookbooks and books with a lot of tables. Recognita is really just a quick and dirty engine for scanning simple things like your mail. Actually, I found very few occasions to use the Recognita engine at all. Hope this helps.

Monica Willyard

Wildcat wrote:
Hi this is kenny. I have openbook version 6 and I want to know what OCR package in openbook version 6 will be the best one to use.