[bksvol-discuss] Re: hello i am an ungrateful blind person whining about a problem on a nearly free service that turned out not to have affected anything

  • From: Courtney Stover <liamskitten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:45:07 -0500

Jamie,

Please don't leave!  You've scanned so many difficult, time-consuming
books that have given so many of us so much pleasure.

As I am very, very slowly embarking on a cooking journey, your
meticulous cookbooks have been so very invaluable.  And your chess
books are absolutely amazing!

More than all that though is the way in which you are constantly
willing to help other volunteers, whether it be by getting print books
from your library to resolve thorny issues or scanning
volunteer/member wishes.  As someone with cerebral palsy for whom
scanning is exceedingly difficult due to holding down the spines of
books and who can not currently invest in an Optic Book or similar
scanner that would make this process easier, your willingness to scan
wishes is an absolutely invaluable treasure, especially when those
books deal with issues it may exceed some scanners comfort level to
work on.  I always know that if you can get it from your library,
you're up for scanning it, and I can't ever tell you how much I
appreciate that.
Warmest Regards,
Courtney