[bksvol-discuss] Re: hello i am an ungrateful blind person whining about a problem on a nearly free service that turned out not to have affected anything

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

LOL. I know we're not supposed to clutter this list with somewhat OT comments,
but I've just been so entertained, that I had to post.  Reading Ann's post, I
had to go back a few posts to see what the brouhaha was; I cam to Jamie's and
Ali's posts and was somewhat entertained. I know u you both to be earnest and
valuable volunteers. I do agree with Jamie about one thing, though; if the site
is having problems or will be down for a while, , it would be nice to have
advance notice of it.

I think Mayrie (or someone else a short while ago did warn that that the site
doesn't seem to accept submissions or uploads of proofed works between midnight
and 6 a.m. Pacific time. maybe it's just submissions, if Jamie had a problem. I
was pleasantly surprised a few days ago when, despite remembering Mayrie's
warning, I decided to try my luck and was able to successfully upload a book
I'd proofed at 1 a.m. Pacific time.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs