[bksvol-discuss] Re: ellipses wasRe: proofing manual

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 23:12:51 -0700 (PDT)

Oh. Thanks, Marty. I'll check the book I'm doing now and be sure I've doone
that.

Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 9:39
        PM

        I think we were told to treat it like a word--put a
        space before and
after it if it appears in the middle of a sentence
        and put a period
with no spaces between the ellipsis and the period
        if it's at the end
of a sentence. In a lot of books, the ellipses
        don't come out
right--at least, not in the .brf versions. Does anyone
        know why this
would be the case?

Thanks for your example on
        footnotes Cindy.

On 8/14/12, Cindy <wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
        wrote:
> oh, dear; now I can't remember, and I can't find ellipses
        in my notes on my
> desktop. Are we now supposed to have no space
        before and after the ellipses?

        --- On Tue, 8/14/12, Mayrie ReNae
<wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>

        Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: proofing manual

        Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 3:47 AM

> Hi
        Aidee,

> There will be very few changes to the content of
        the scanning and
> proofreading manual.  Footnotes will be
        handled differently in future, and
> the ellipsis as well (it was
        misrepresented in the current manual), but
> there is no reason
        you can't use the current manual to learn.

> Happy
        proofreading.