[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book I am trying to work with.

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:31:55 -0700

Jessica, I certainly agree that it is a sad thing to have to reject a book. However, I have validated books from one submitter who did great scans except for four or five pages in the book which were totally unradable. At first I asked another volunteer to get the print books and scan missing or garbled pages which I would paste into the book.

However, I finally got the email of the submitter and requested pages from that person. When I never got a response I unfortunately just rejected the books.

It is a sad thing to reject a book, especially when it is a good book but sometimes you jus have to do it.

And I agree with you; if a submitter does not want to read the book through, the person needs to at least check to be sure all pages are there and legible. A validator can do only so much.

Hang in there and know that you will have many fine submissions to validate.

Cat Lover Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jessica A" <jla2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>