[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book I am trying to work with.

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:28:51 -0700

This submitter has a tendency to submit books w/pages missing, junk
characters, will not subscribe to the lists, & otherwise floods
bookshare's step 1 pages w/this stuff & makes herself unavailable to
requests for assistance to fix the books, or to offers of assistance
to help her improve her scanning. Having been thru this myself
personally, I know. & when I see she's scanned the material, even
though I'm a big Christian fiction buff, I won't pick her stuff up &
validate it anymore because it's just too much trouble. Reject it!
Maybe if she gets enough of them she'll figure it out & start
submitting decent scans or quit. Then again, it doesn't seem to have
helped much thus far, so... I know that sounds harsh, yall, but it
just isn't right.

On 6/5/08, Robert Tweedy <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Don't reject it yet, maybe someone can get a copy and rescan the pages and
> send you.

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net