[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofreading my first Book

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 18:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know about others, but I don't work with text edit on my Mac. I'm not
sure it preserves fonts and bold and such. Anyway, as a sighted person I find
it annoying, so when I've downloaded an rtf file I open it with Word, change
view to normal, and then proceed to Prof and save as word. When I am ready to
upload the proofed file, I save it as an rtf file.
For some reason, the last book I did this with caused my Word to crash;  I
solved the problem by opening the rtf file, copying it and pasting it onto a
Word file that I knew was o.k (anad didn't need any more) ., and that worked
perfectly. I'm almost finished with he poofing.

HTH