[bksvol-discuss] Re: Improving excellent books

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:45:52 -0500

I always correct the errors like obvious words which are suppose to be
something else, or the single quote for apostrophe, etc. it's those where
whole lines are gibberish, missing words or sequential words are not there
at the ends of pages, where problems or I just have to "reject" the book
because it cannot be improved more by trying to fill in words by the
context. I am not the author, so to pretend I am by filling in phrases where
the author might mean something else just isn't right. Sure, I may be right
more often than I am wrong, and I am not going to reject a book for a single
line of gibberish, and I'll write to the originator of the book and ask
"what is this line on page xx which says, (copy and paste), toward the
bottom of the page and even show the before and after text. When the
originator says they've already off-loaded the book and have it no more,
then what do I do? :)

Curtis Delzer