[bksvol-discuss] Re: Essays and copyright - Ideas and Beliefs of the Victorians -- need Claire's finding

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:33:08 -0800 (PST)

Claire asked me to respond to this thread, and to be blunt, I have no idea what
to say.  I thought that a book had to have the word 'copyright' or the c-circle
symbol to be copyrighted, but there are so many exceptions, it boggles the
mind.  A week ago, someone else wrote about a copyright page that said the book
was copyrighted in full accordance of the law, but the page neglected to
mention a copyright holder or date. Arrgghhh!  Does having an ISBN
automatically mean the book is copyrighted, even if the book doesn't mention
the copyright?  I don't think so...  Let me see if I can get the Bookshare
powers that be to answer both these questions.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now.  Maybe next week, I can! Carrie