[beports] Re: Changeset 60

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 00:09:12 +0200

On 2008-05-18 at 11:03:31 [+0200], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
wrote:

> I see you've updated my neon-0.25.x patch. Please don't overwrite my
> SVN patch with a non-SVN patch, we are losing the revision information
> then. If you did create them against the 0.25.x branch, please use svn
> diff rather than diff -ur.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that you diffed against an official branch. In
fact I wasn't even aware that that neon 0.25 is still maintained.

> The .x SVN patches are the ones for
> upstream merging, the ones with definite version number are for
> 'release' use and BePorter.

OK. BTW, is that the generally preferred strategy?

That leads me to the next question: Is there a particular reason why only
diffs are stored in the repository? I was originally hoping for a
repository that actually stores the sources. This would be handy to work
with (i.e. store intermediate states) and would also facilitate group
porting efforts, which are pretty much inevitable for bigger projects.

> Also, please assign the tickets for the ports you're working on to
> yourself, I am currently busy with my thesis (and another port) and
> lacking time to work on them atm.

OK, will do.

CU, Ingo

--