[beports] Re: Changeset 60

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 19:55:14 -0700

Schrijvers Luc wrote:
On do, 2008-05-22 at 14:48 -0700, Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) wrote:

Personally, I would prefer not to see the subdomain become a place to support a few BeOS users for melancholy purposes. Don't get me wrong, I love(d) BeOS and I cherish our heritage; but we want to look to the future. Hopefully saying this does not get me into too much trouble. :)

Well you asked for it! :P

I knew I would get in trouble. :P

I hope that with the move ov the domain this want become a Haiku only
thing, not that we shouldn't target the port towards Haiku.But I still
feel like we have to bear in mind where we came from (without loosing
sight on where we are going). ;)

I realize that many still use BeOS or Zeta to develop (for) Haiku, and I understand the inevitability of having to have certain legacy content that that entails; that's not a problem in itself.

That being said, if it's going to be under a Haiku subdomain, I would like to make sure that the focus is on advancing Haiku, as opposed to supporting legacy operating systems that are dead ends (BeOS/ZETA).

So, I am not saying it has to be Haiku-only, but let's be cognizant of where we want the focus to be: the future rather than the past. ;)

Cheers,

Koki

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts