atw: Re: use of the ? symbol

  • From: "Reginald Hardman" <cleardoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter list" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:18:06 +0200

Erica,
Yes, euro is not normally capitalised, nor pluralised in English. See
here:
http://www.irisa.fr/euro/00219-en.pdf=20
for the spelling in different languages. As usual, we can see every
variant of orthography in use. In this case, there is practically no
chance for confusion, no matter what variant you use, so you're pretty
safe.

I often hear Americans referring to it as "the euro dollar"(-:

Reg

> Reg, we ended up playing it safe and used "...sales of approximately 8
> billion Euro...".
>=20
> Now I'm wondering whether I was right to capitalise the word Euro...
=0D
=0D
--=0D
R=E9ginald Hardman=0D