atw: Re: de argentum defence

  • From: "Matthew da Silva" <journo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:28:10 +1000

Poor Brian - What an unpleasant person you seem to be!

I cannot fathom how the story has 'a total lack of facts' by any estimation.
Of course, you knew that the power of the sun is incapable of driving a
standard family car. But many people may not. And you knew all about the
Global Green Challenge, of course. You knew who started it and who won the
first race. You knew how long it now takes cars to reach the finish line.
And you know the difference between silicon and gallium arsenide solar
cells, their relative cost and performance. You of course knew that
carbon-fibre composite materials are being used to manufacture aircraft, and
you knew the efficiency rating of the components of the Sunswift car made by
UNSW students. You furthermore knew ...

Oh, it's so frustrating.