atw: Re: Is it April First or did I miss something?

  • From: "Naomi Kramer" <nkr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:18:41 +1000

James, a year or so ago I spotted an ad in Seek for 2 short
term contract website developers and designers.  The list of
necessary skills and software knowledge was long.  The rate
given was $15/hr - in SYDNEY.  When I emailed to enquire
about the misprint, I was informed it was no such thing, and
they'd already filled the spots, thank you!  He asked if I
was interested in similar work, and I replied something
along the lines of 'not at that price thanks - office admin
pays better!'

There are a lot of people out there who started web
development courses when the internet craze was just about
to crash and burn, because it was the 'in thing' in IT.  Now
we have a glut of inexperienced web designers out there,
desperate for 'real' jobs and hence over-qualified for
checkout operations :-/

- Naomi