atw: Is it April First or did I miss something?

  • From: James Hunt <jameshunt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:43:40 +1000

The Seek web site lists a job for a "Web Content Editor" for a
government department/organization in Brisbane. The pay is $30,000 for
twelve months' work.

This works out to $15.38 per hour (52 weeks, 37.5 hours per week). For
a comparison, my daughter works part-time as a checkout operator for a
supermarket, and earns $15.03 per hour.

Is this the lowest contract rate yet offered? Or did I miss something?

James Hunt