atw: Re: query

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "katherine wilson" <katherine.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:38:22 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: katherine wilson [mailto:katherine.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 June 2004 6:33 AM
To: austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: query

Hi

I was wondering if you could post an anonymous message to the list, or
whether you are able to answer me directly.

I live in NZ, and my husband and I want to move to Brisbane (area). We
see there are a lot of technical writing jobs available, mostly
contracts. Does anyone on the list live in the Brisbane area, or can any
recruiter on the list, give me some sort of idea how many people are
applying for these contract jobs, and whether anyone has  actually been
offered a contract position after applying to a recruiter ad. I wonder
this as there is one job at the moment that keeps on coming up on my
Seek jobmail, it's been there for weeks, and I wonder if there just
aren't the people with all the skills they require, or is the
company/recruiter being too picky?

If anyone can give me an insight into the contracting/permanent job
market in the Brisbane area I would love to hear from you. We are
prepared to pack up and move without jobs to come to, but would like to
think that there may be a good chance of picking up a contract here and
there.

Thank you.

Katherine

notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.