atw: Re: Is it April First or did I miss something?

  • From: "Michael Granat" <mgranat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:04:51 +1000

Sad but true, James (Hunt).

Surely they must be after a real junior, fresh out of school, with
Web skills and enthusiasm.

Hyperlink please?

15 bucks an hour as a checkout operator, eh?

Not bad!  Things have improved since I worked as an after hours
casual salesman at Myer Melbourne Toys, back in the late 1980s.
Back when I was work-rich but cash-poor in advertising.
Back when ad agencies (deliberately) took up to 120 days to pay
freelance copywriters such as myself for successful national
campaigns that were already running in prime time!
Back in the days when I first started using the services of a
fabulous little, Geelong Vic. based debt collection company.

That aside, I think that you might find that this is meant to be a
junior / work experience type role that is just a starting point.

I mean, which career would you rather start?
Checkout chick?
or
Web Content Editor?

Please tick.

Or could we call the former "On-Site Financial Controller"?

There is no way that they could be asking for a senior at
that salary.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael E. Granat
Technical Communicator
Without Prejudice. E&OE. Private & Confidential.