atw: Re: Blogging and employers

  • From: "Christine Kent" <cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:51:39 +1000

Yes, you did miss a big culture change here.  Life marches on, but corporate
seems not to have woken up to this particular march yet.   There is pre Web
2.0 and post Web 2.0.  Most TWs are pre Web 2.0, as are most corporate IT
environments.  Professional IT people will resist this change because Web
2.0 has changed the world of work, and they will have to retrain and
re-organise, or retrench.  It is also a mindset change, as it is empowering
to the less competent whose priority is that things work and how they look
rather than how or why they work.

I'm curious - who is this forward thinking employer?  I am looking for a bit
more work currently, and I do have a blog which I use to good effect for my
personal marketing.

Christine