atw: Re: Accreditation

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <adslyy5g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:09:41 +1000

Well, I am still carrying the dream (Doco is the solution and Word rules the
World) and am pleased to report that from this latest round of doing the
hustings there are numerous companies with a strong and enduring commitment
to documentation. So it's not all doom and gloom out there. Additionally, I
am seeing an increase in the frequency to which procedural and other
infrastructure documentation is required in prospective client audits before
they will take on your services.

Cecil Paris still thinks I am smoking whacky tobacky when it comes to
technology ripping tech writers asunder, but let's face it, Doxygen etc
products exist already and Cecil herself is working on something that will
need one of us to run a quick hand over rather than spend weeks of labour
plugging through the API. This is less hours technical writing required each
week and thus technology begins the erosion of our craft.

Steve