[argyllcms] Re: profile -S -g

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:43:24 +1000

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

Eventually I see no other way either to estimate the "reference gamut"
in the PCS, which was assumed by the -S profile as source gamut for the
gamut mapping.

Yes, I think that's the right solution. In fact I should generate
separate gamuts from the saturation and perceptual A2B tables, in case
they are different. The overall intent may not be what's intended,
since it will use the gamut manipulation embedded in the A2B tables,
but at least there will be no surprise gamut clipping when
the resulting profiles are linked together.

cheers,